Activities on the farm and in the surrounding area
Sports, relaxation, nature and much more
Apartments & Rooms
Montespertoli is an ideal place for a mixture of relaxation, nature, food, art, history and physical activity. You can choose what to do day by day.
Ancient villages, churches and castles appear among mellow hills weaved by vineyards, olive groves and woodland. The wine is the heart and soul of this territory - a museum (of interest also for children) and the Chianti Fair, the most fascinating celebration taking place between the end of May and the beginning of June, are both dedicated to it.
Artisan laboratories, shops and workshops which offer quality products and articles can be found in Montespertoli but you can also enjoy a lot of art like in the church of San Piero in Mercato where you can discover real beauty gems such as Madonna with Child by Filippo Lippi or the rare 13th century gemellion.
This territory is excellent for real and proper excursions for nature lovers (maybe in search of fossils) as well as for wandering around where the white roads alternate with the castles or ruins dating back to the Roman or medieval era. In any case, it is a nature merging into history.
The farmhouse offers exclusively to the village guests a striking swimming pool (15 x 8 metres, open from May to September) and a small whirlpool bath, both surrounded by the green olive trees and having an incredible view of the splendid hills around Montespertoli.
What to do at the farm
The guests wanting to do some sport while having fun can use bicycles, offered free of charge by the farmhouse, for excursions around the countryside of the small village. Within 90 hectares of the farm, everyone can invent his/her own route to fulfill on foot during a few hours of trekking.
Furthermore, the guests also have at their disposal a small football pitch (five-a-side), an archery field and equipment and a ping pong table and two children's playgrounds.
Every now and then the farmhouse staff members organize activities for the guests:
Pizza bakers for a night
the little ones can learn to make pizza and then, together with their parents, take some refreshment after so much hard work!
Farm 4 Fun
designed for the little ones, winking at the adults, we will go on the discovery tour of many animals who live in Montalbino!
Activities in the surrounding areas
- For those interested in a riding experience, there are two possibilities, both located near Montespertoli: the riding stables Guelfi Neri and the equestrian centre Toscana Equitazione. The stables offer beautiful rides in the surroundings and also riding lessons to kids and adults, beginners and experts.
- Toscana by Bike organizes e-bike tours and ebike rentals with qualified and enthusiastic guides or on your own. Taking part in these e-bike excursions (or renting an ebike and doing a self guided tour) will give you the opportunity to fully enjoy the legendary Tuscan landscape.
- Wine tasting in the splendid setting of the Sonnino Castle. Download the price list for tastings here PDF.
- Very close to the small village of the Montalbino farmhouse, a visit to the Museum of sacred Art of Montespertoli, including many artworks such as Madonna with Child by Filippo Lippi and a rare baptismal font in carved marble that dates back to the XII century.
- Lessons of Tuscan cooking. Jacopo and Anna offer you the possibility to have personalised cooking lessons closely to our farmhouse.
- Cultural itineraries in a carriage to discover Florentine hills. You will get to know the sweet Tuscan hills leaving from the town hall of Montesprtoli – Florence – and their fascinating history at the slow rhythm of an antique looking carriage towed by two wonderful carthorses.
Discover and explore these villages in the area: Montalbino, Il Pino, Bottinaccio and Montegufoni. Through the work of past generations at each of them, you will learn the history and roots of Montespertoli. We offer 4 itineraries, each researched and written by the historian and writer Paolo Gennai, that offer the chance to explore, walk through and soak in the territory from a very particular point of view, that of water!
The first itinerary "Montalbino, Source of the Mensole and Poderaccio", is just a few minutes from our own farmhouse.